Monday, July 27, 2009

Learning and Learning and Learning

I'm teaching myself how to make beaded jewelry, and I'm most likely going about it the wrong way, and that's ok. I'm having fun!

My latest idea is a choker with a cameo focal point and a matching cuff-style bracelet. I'm planning on using these items from Fire Mountain Gems (each image is a link to the original product listing on the website) :








I'm planning on setting the cameo into the focal bezel, then doing a three-strand choker alternating the black beads and the red beads, using a spacer bar ever so often to keep the strands separated. The bracelet will also be a three strand project and will mimic the choker by alternating the beads, using the spacer bars, and will use the same clasp.

I'm very excited about this project! I've loved cameos since I was a little girl, and now that I've found out all you need is a bit of jewelers' glue, I'll be making tons of them!

0 comments: